Thursday, December 19, 2013

18th Day of Advent

Only by faith can my soul adhere to You, as You really are – infinite, omnipotent, and merciful, unity in Trinity:  thus faith presents You to my soul.  Faith comprehends You as You are, in Your divinity; Your mysteries, and Your works – all of which it proposes to my belief, so that in faith I find You completely, and in the act of faith, even thou I do not see You, I possess You truly.  If faith holds You hidden and veiled, if it permits me to see You “only through a glass in a dark manner”, I am certain, however, that it does not deceive me; it proposes You to me as You have revealed Yourself.  How shall I not believe, Lord, in Your word, since You have spoken to us not only by the mouths of the prophets, but by the mouth of Jesus, Your Incarnate Word?  What mystery is greater than that of Your infinite charity which has loved me from all eternity, created me by an act of love, redeemed me by the Blood of Your Son, and made my poor soul the temple of the Most Holy Trinity? I believe everything the Son of God has said; there is nothing more true than the Word of Truth.  
                                                                                            ~St. Thomas

 

 
 
Pro-Life Challenge:

Do I teach others to listen for God’s word rather than get caught up in that of the world?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment