Saturday, January 18, 2014

A reflection from the Divine Intimacy

O that ungrateful men would remember how much we have cost our Savior! We were not redeemed at the price of gold or silver, but by Christ’s precious Blood. We no longer belong to ourselves, because Christ has paid a ransom for us. Jesus has every right to rule over us. He MUST reign. (1 Cor.15, 25)

 
Like the angels, we have been created for the glory of Christ. To glorify Jesus as our King is to live in docile submission to His gentle rule. His reign is one of love; out of love for us and to save us, He came down from heaven and became one of us. He died on the cross for the same reason, shedding all His Blood for us.


He reigns in the crib. He reigns from the height of the cross. Behold the price He paid to win our poor hearts, He who by His very nature was already our absolute ruler. Let us not resist the gentle violence of His infinite love; let us give ourselves entirely to Him, allowing Him to reign in our minds, our wills, and in our hearts.


O Lord, why did You have to abase Yourself to the obscurity of Bethlehem , to humiliate Yourself even to dying on the Cross, even to shedding all Your Blood in order to win my heart? My heart, my whole life, and all my being already belonged to You, because Your are my Creator and because I was created for Your glory. But You willed to forget all Your rights and You came to me like a beggar, seeking my poor heart.

 
O Jesus, how can I still resist Your infinite love? Take my heart; take my whole being and make me a living praise of Your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment